My educational studies have been concentrated in the areas of systematic theology and Church History. My B.A. studies concentrated on early church history and theology. My Senior Paper looked at Irenaeus’ doctrine of recapitulation. My M.A. studies concentrated on Systematic and Historical Theology. My Masters Thesis was on the classical Pentecostal pneumatology of Howard M. Ervin.
In 2009, I was accepted into the Bangor University (UK) Ph.D. in Pentecostal & Charismatic Studies program under the supervision of Professor William K. Kay, D.D. In 2010, I halted my studies in order to pastor my current church. I re-entered my PhD program with Bangor University in 2015, which is now hosted at the Centre for Pentecostal Theology in Cleveland, TN under the direction of John Christopher Thomas. My topic is the “Origin, Development and Future of Assemblies of God Eschatology.” It is a doctrinal history of the Assemblies of God. Eschatology is a popular topic in Pentecostal theology today. This study will add to that conversation by looking at ways in which AG doctrine has or has not developed over the last 100 years. I focus on the primary sources in the periodical literature, the books published by GPH and the important scholarly works on eschatology. My goal is to offer a future of AG eschatology for the 21st Century.
2002-2007 Oral Roberts University
Master of Arts in Theological & Historical Studies GPA: 3.78
Thesis: “The Concept of One Baptism-One Filling in the Pentecostal Theology of Howard M. Ervin.”
- Received top marks in Thesis writing.
- Excelled in studies in Church History and Theology, accumulating over 75 hours of theology courses with top marks.
- Served as Theological & Historical Studies Representative on the School of Theology and Missions Student Advisory Council.
- Passed Theological German Proficiency Test.
1997-2000 Oral Roberts University
Bachelor of Arts in Theological & Historical Studies GPA: 3.45
Minor: Christian Philosophy
Senior Paper: “The Concept of Recapitulation in the Theology of Irenaeus”
- Received top marks on Senior Paper.
- Received top marks in “Honors Theology” class.
- Served as Teachers Assistant for Systematic Theology.